"Languages Build Bridges": Course Description
- Placement test at the beginning of the course; final test
- Small groups (approx. 12 participants per group) with different levels of language proficiency (A2 to C1)
- Approx. 85 lessons of intensive German
- Language training (Speaking, Listening, Reading and Writing)
- Phonetics training (in small groups or as one-to-one lessons)
- Supervised project work on topics chosen by the participants, at every language level
- Certificate stating the quantity of attended lessons and the test results
- Award of 5 ECTS credit points possible
Getting to know Germany
- Approx. 20 hours of cultural studies
- welcome and farewell parties
- concert or summer theatre
- “On Tour“, e. g. guided city tour, visit museums and historical sights
- one full-day excursion during the weekend by coach
- Many different offers for cultural and leisure experiences, e. g. “pub nights“ at the student club, bowling and sports
- Coaching by student tutors
- More offers at additional charge (e.g. excursion to Dresden)
- As expected most of the students who will participate
in our summer language courses A (15th May to 7th June) and B (10th June to 5th July) are Americans.
- We will also offer a course for Japanese in August (5th to 30th August) which is orientated more strongly to the
needs of Japanese participants with a lower language level (level A1 and A2). We
will increase the rate of Japanese speaking tutors in order to ensure an
intensive support of all participants. We also offer guided tours in
Japanese for museums, cities and during excursions.
- We recommend Japanese students with a higher language Level (from level B1 on) to take part in the summer programme "Languages Build Bridges" run from 5th August to 30th August, 2014).
Course fee: € 795
Included are: registration, language training including phonetics and project classes, German studies activities, one full-day excursion, selected cultural events, welcome and farewell parties, course materials, tram pass for the duration of the course, use of the university computer centre and the library.
Please note: During your stay in Germany you will also have to cover the costs for accommodation, food, and insurance.