"Languages Build Bridges": Course Description
- Placement test at the beginning of the course; final test
- Small groups (approx. 12 participants per group) with different levels of language proficiency (A1 to C1)
- Approx. 85 lessons of intensive German
- Language training (Speaking, Listening, Reading and Writing)
- Phonetics training (in small groups or as one-to-one lessons)
- Supervised project work on topics chosen by the participants, at every language level
- Certificate stating the quantity of attended lessons and the test results
- Award of 5 ECTS credit points possible
Please pay attention to our special features.
Getting to know Germany
- Approx. 20 hours of cultural studies
- welcome and farewell parties
- sight-seeing tour in Leipzig
- concert or summer theatre
- “on tour“, e. g. visit museums and historical sights
- one full-day excursion during the weekend by coach
- Many different offers for cultural and leisure experiences, e. g. “pub nights“ at the student club, bowling and sports, movie nights
- Coaching by student tutors
- More offers at additional charge (e.g. excursion to Dresden)
- As expected most of the students who will participate
in our summer language courses A and B are Americans.
programme of the summer language course D is orientated more strongly to the
needs of Japanese participants with a lower language Level (A-Level). We
will increase the rate of Japanese speaking tutors in order to ensure an
intensive support of all participants. We also offer guided tours in
Japanese for museums, cities and during excursions.
- For students
with a higher language Level (from B-Level on) we will reserve seats in
our summer academy which runs in parallel (August 8th –
September 7th 2013).
Course fee: € 695
Included are: registration, language training including phonetics and project classes, German studies activities, a
sight-seeing tour in Leipzig, one full-day excursion, selected cultural events, welcome and farewell parties, course materials, tram pass for the duration of the course, use of the university computer centre.
During your stay in Germany you will also have to cover the costs for accommodation, food, and insurance.