URL | http://www.uni-leipzig.de/~jobp/job/4738
Eingestellt am 10.05.2012 14:14 | Bewerbungsschluß: 21.06.2012
Homepage | http://portal.mytum.de/jobs/wissenschaftler/NewsArticle_20120507_144538
Key words: distributed information systems, smart grids, renewable energy, energy efficiency, energy storage, power systems, green computing and data centers
The Technische Universität München (TUM) and the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation are sponsoring the creation of a new research center with focus on application-oriented, distributed information systems. The research center is located at the Department of Computer Science at TUM.
One of the center’s main research areas will be Information and Communication Technology (ICT) for sustainable energy management, in particular smart grids supporting the integration of renewable energy and cutting-edge applications for energy efficiency. We are developing and evaluating distributed systems for monitoring and controlling energy supply and demand in several cyber-physical environments including data centers, buildings and electric cars. The center’s research in this area will be partly based on models and simulation; partly it will include the development and evaluation of system prototypes.
Requirements for candidates:
• High academic qualification, in particular at least a Master’s degree in computer science, information systems, business informatics, electrical engineering, industrial engineering, or related fields
• Interest in energy management, smart grids, renewable energy, green computing, etc.
• Prior exposure to and experience in research on middleware systems, data management, distributed systems, event processing or modeling and simulation of complex systems
• Background in energy management and power systems is considered a plus
• Interest in design and development of software systems, excellent programming skills in standard programming languages
• Interest in contributing to undergraduate and graduate-level teaching and supervision of Bachelors’ and Masters’ theses in the above listed fields
• Exceptional proficiency in English (knowledge of the German language is not required)
• Committed, self-motivated, self-driven, and proactive team player with good communication and interpersonal skills
• Remuneration and conditions of employment following the German TV-L (full-time) pay scale
• Time-limited Ph.D. positions and research assistantships
• Young and dynamic team at one of the leading universities in Germany
• Participation in research projects with international partners and industry worldwide
Candidates will work at the Technische Universität München (TUM), Department of Computer Science. Positions are time-limited with extensions depending on satisfactory research progress based on periodic performance reviews. TUM is an equal opportunity employer.
Application Details & Contact:
The next round of selection interviews is planned for early June. To participate in this round, applicants should submit a full curriculum vitae, list of publications, transcripts of B.Sc. and Master’s studies, and a short statement of research to email@example.com by no later than May 31st, 2012. Applications received after this date may be considered for future selection interviews until positions are filled.
Two reference letters should be emailed directly from the referees to the above email address.