We hope you had an exciting time abroad. Welcome back to Leipzig University! These final organisational steps will round off your period abroad.
If you have returned or are planning to return from a stay abroad, please note the following information:
- Please check the current information issued by Leipzig University. This page provides details on seeking assistance in suspected cases of illness and on the latest situation.
- For the time being, please do not come to us during our office hours. Instead, please send the necessary documents concerning your exchange or funding programme digitally to your contact person at the International Centre.
- If you have any questions about the coronavirus outbreak (for example, about risk areas and symptoms), information is always available from the Federal Foreign Office and the Robert Koch Institute (both in German) as well as the World Health Organization.
Completion of Your Erasmus+ Studies
You will need to complete the following steps to successfully conclude your Erasmus+ studies:
You can have credits earned abroad recognised once you are back at Leipzig University. Here’s how:
- Present your Transcript of Records from the host university to your department’s recognition officer. Then fill in the recognition results form together. Have it signed and stamped. Next, please email a copy or scan of the signed and stamped recognition results to the International Centre.
- Present the signed and stamped recognition results to your Study Office/examination office.
- The Study Office/examination office will record the recognised credits you earned abroad in AlmaWeb
Please note: It is mandatory to prepare the Learning Agreement and recognition results if you wish to or have received an Erasmus+ grant. If your department has its own internal document that you have to fill out anyway, then provided the document contains similar information you can submit that instead of the recognition results form.
What if I don’t need my credits from abroad recognised back in Leipzig?
Even if you do not wish to have your achievements credited, please complete the recognition results form anyway. Simply leave Table D empty and, under “Sonstiges”, briefly explain why recognition is not possible. You will then need to get the form signed and stamped by your department’s recognition officer. Your period abroad will then be automatically documented in the Diploma Supplement. Next, please email a copy or scan of the signed and stamped recognition results to the International Centre.
Have you submitted the document certifying the end of your period abroad as well as your Erasmus+ Participant Report? You need to do this before we can pay you your second Erasmus+ instalment. You will receive your grant payment (usually one monthly rate), along with a notification of the total funding you have received under the Erasmus+ programme, within 45 days. For this, we kindly ask that you also submit copies of your Transcript of Records and the recognition results form to the International Centre.
I Went Abroad, but Not Under the Erasmus+ Programme: How Does Recognition Work?
If your period abroad was not organised through the Erasmus+ programme, you are advised to discuss the recognition of credits earned abroad with the person responsible at your department. You should have done this before going abroad.
After your period abroad, you should present the Transcript of Records from the host university to your department’s recognition officer. You then prepare the recognition request together – you can use your department’s own document, if it has one, or the recognition results form. Please have the document signed and stamped.
You can then take the approved recognition application or the signed recognition results form and your Transcript of Records to your Study Office/examination office. There the credits you earned abroad will be recorded in AlmaWeb.