Prof. Dr. Christian Pieter Hoffmann is professor for Communication Management at Leipzig University's Institute of Communication and Media Studies. He is also associated with the Institute of Political Science, where he is responsible for research and teaching in Political Communication. Prof. Hoffmann is the academic director of the Center for Research in Financial Communication. His research portfolio encompasses strategic communication management, financial communication and political communication - with a focus on opportunities and challenges provided by new media.
- since 02/2017
Academic Director at the Center for Research in Financial Communication.
- since 10/2015
Professor for Communication Management, Institute of Media and Communication Studies, University of Leipzig.
- 08/2010 - 11/2015
Assistant Professor at the Institut for Media and Communications Management, University of St. Gallen, Switzerland.
- 10/2004 - 08/2010
Research assistant at the Institut for Media and Communications Management, University of St. Gallen, Switzerland.
- 10/2004 - 07/2008
PhD Studies at the University of St. Gallen, thesis on Cognitive Approaches to Success Measurement in Communication
- 10/2004 - 03/2008
Studies of Political Sciences at the FernUniversität in Hagen, Germany
- 10/1999 - 07/2003
Studies of Business Administration with a focus on Media and Communications Management at the University of St. Gallen, Switzerland
Prof. Dr. Christian P. Hoffmann conducts research in the fields of corporate communications, strategic communications, communications management and, in particular, financial communications. In addition, he has a differentiated research portfolio in the field of digital participation, including the digital divide/digital inequality, online privacy and trust, self-expression, digital citizenship as well as political participation and political discourses.
- Online-Report-PerspektivenHoffmann, Christian PieterDuration: 01/2019 - 12/2021Funded by: WirtschaftInvolved organisational units of Leipzig University: Kommunikationsmanagement
- Corporate Reporting MonitorHoffmann, Christian PieterDuration: 01/2019 - 12/2021Funded by: WirtschaftInvolved organisational units of Leipzig University: Kommunikationsmanagement
- Ermittlung der Informations- und Schutzbedürfnisse von Einsatzkräften im NotfallschutzHoffmann, Christian PieterDuration: 12/2018 - 06/2020Funded by: andere BundesministerienInvolved organisational units of Leipzig University: Kommunikationsmanagement
- Cross media Annual ReportingHoffmann, Christian PieterDuration: 02/2018 - 06/2019Funded by: WirtschaftInvolved organisational units of Leipzig University: Fakultät für Sozialwissenschaften und Philosophie
- Integrated Financial CommunicationHoffmann, Christian PieterDuration: 01/2018 - 12/2019Funded by: Stiftungen InlandInvolved organisational units of Leipzig University: Kommunikationsmanagement
- Eichhorn, T.; Jürss, S.; Hoffmann, C. P.To share or not to share: A Digital Divide in the Sharing Economy.In: Wurk, D.; Oberg, A.; Maurer, I. (Eds.)London: Cambridge Scholars Publishing.. 2019.
- FachkongressREFRESH 2017 – Plattform für Wissenstransfer und AlumnitreffenStrategische KommunikationEvent Organiser: Zerfaß, Ansgar; Hoffmann, Christian Pieter; Wolf, Cornelia Claudia19/05/2017
Prof. Dr. Christian P. Hoffmann teaches at the University of Leipzig as well as other universities in the fields of corporate communications, communications management, financial communications, online communication and social media, digital participation, political participation and political communication.