Leipzig University awards re-entry scholarships to researchers who wish to complete their doctorate or habilitation after suspending their academic activities for family reasons.
Re-entry scholarships make it possible to continue a doctorate or habilitation after parental leave or any other justified interruption. Photo: Unsplash
This financial support is awarded based on the Saxon Re-Entry Funding Regulations (FördRL Wiedereinstieg).
Applications are open to doctoral and postdoctoral researchers at universities in the Free State of Saxony who, after interrupting their doctoral project or habilitation due to family commitments, wish to resume and complete their academic qualification.
- Doctoral scholarship: above-average higher education degree (minimum overall mark: good)
- Habilitation scholarships: magna cum laude awarded for the previous doctorate
- Interruption of academic activities for childcare for at least nine months
- Academic re-entry planned in order to work on a research project with the aim of a doctorate or habilitation
- Doctoral researchers must be younger than 37 years of age at the time of application, while those completing their habilitation must be younger than 42 years of age.
- One year (a six-month extension is possible under certain conditions)
Monthly Scholarship Amount:
- 985 euros for doctoral projects
- 1285 euros for habilitation projects
- Additional family allowance of 100 euros per child
The following documents must be submitted both in writing, also enclosing a CD containing the documents as a single PDF file:
- Written application explaining your reasons for applying
- CV in tabular form/report on academic education to date
- University degree certificate(s), etc. (certified copies)
- Project concept including time and work plan (no more than ten pages)
- Statement by the academic supervisor
- Statement by the Faculty’s Equal Opportunity Commissioner
- Confirmation from the Faculty that the intended project is a good match with the University’s research profile
Applications must be submitted by
- 31 March for funding in the current year or
- 30 September for funding in the following calendar year