Organised by postdocs for postdocs, the Postdoc Club provides an informal opportunity to get together. The events are held in English and comprise two components: insights into a postdoc’s research field as well as time for relaxed chatting and networking.
What Is the Postdoc Club?
Organised by postdocs for postdocs, the Postdoc Club provides an informal opportunity to get together. Subject matter is proposed and contributed by the postdocs themselves.
All postdoctoral researchers are welcome to take part, including researchers with a doctorate, heads of junior research groups, holders of a junior or tenure-track professorship, and researchers who have completed their habilitation!
Due to its international character, the preferred language is English. Participation is free of charge. Please note, however, that participants are required to pay for their own food and drinks. For planning reasons we kindly ask you to register.
- Gain an insight into the University and other research institutions, such as centres, buildings and research groups.
- Expand your interdisciplinary knowledge and pick up helpful hints and fun facts from your colleagues about university life.
- A great opportunity for both informal and academic networking.
- The University is keen to be as welcoming as possible – play your part by helping new postdocs to meet people and get settled in Leipzig!
In principle, anything is possible as long as it has to do with your work as a postdoc at a Leipzig research institution, for example:
- Round table
- Discussion (e.g. several postdocs on an interdisciplinary topic)
- Film screening
- Methodological insights (e.g. in the lab, operating theatre, experiment room...)
- Guided tour on campus or of your own research institution, a collection or museum.