Supporting talented young students, regardless of their background, is an important concern for many companies and individuals. With the Deutschlandstipendium, our university offers a unique funding programme supported by both private sponsors and the Federal Ministry of Education and Research.
THE DEUTSCHLANDSTIPENDIUM AT LEIPZIG UNIVERSITY
The Deutschlandstipendium is the name given to a programme of financial support for talented young people while they study, set up in a joint effort by the Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF) and companies, institutions and individuals. The aim is to support high-performing students who have demonstrated great potential or already achieved outstanding results at university. We are part of this funding network, and award scholarships under the Deutschlandstipendium programme to students at our university.
Please note: The deadline for applying for the Deutschlandstipendium for the winter semester 2018/19 has passed. Candidates can expect to hear whether their application was successful in early November 2018. Information on the next application period will be published on this page in due course.
- All existing and new students of our university can apply.
- The monthly scholarship amount is 300 euros, half of which is funded by a private sponsor (companies, institutions or individuals) and half by the BMBF.
- The scholarship is awarded for a minimum of two semesters and no longer than the degree programme’s standard period of study.
- The scholarship is independent of other income. It is not deducted from BAföG and is tax-free.
- The application and selection procedure is based on the Rules on Granting Scholarships under the National Scholarship Programme (Deutschlandstipendium) at Leipzig University, and the Scholarship Programme Act (StipG) and the Ordinance on Implementing the Scholarship Programme Act (StipV) of the Federal Government.
Continuing your scholarship beyond the approved period is only possible if:
- the continuation period is within the standard period of study
- the sponsor makes funds available beyond the period of the grant.
To apply, please submit the Continuation Declaration and the documents mentioned therein. The following deadlines apply:
- To continue a scholarship beyond 31 March 2019, the documents must be received by 30 November 2018.
- To continue a scholarship beyond 30 September 2019, the documents must be received by 15 May 2019.
The faculties’ award committees will examine whether your talent and performance justify continuing the scholarship. Your academic achievements are particularly important here. The decision also takes into account special personal circumstances, commitment, internships, and particular successes and awards.
In the event that there are not enough funds available, your application for continuation of the scholarship will automatically be considered as a new application for the Deutschlandstipendium.
Please note that completing a bachelor’s degree will result in your scholarship being terminated. If you subsequently start a master’s degree, you will need to reapply for the Deutschlandstipendium if desired.
If you exceed your standard period of study, it is only possible to continue the scholarship in exceptional cases, for example due to:
- caring for and raising a child
- a period abroad related to your field of study.
If such an exceptional case applies to you, please submit a justified application for your scholarship to be extended, noting the above-mentioned deadlines (see ‘Information on continuation’). It is important that you provide credible proof of the reasons given for the extension.
- Adler-Apotheke Oberwiesenthal, Uwe Pause
- Alumni der Leipziger Medizinischen Fakultät e.V. (ALM)
- AOK PLUS - Die Gesundheitskasse für Sachsen und Thüringen
- Apotheke Bühlau, Sylvia Trautmann
- Apotheke im Ärztehaus Mickten, Uta Lesche
- ARKANA Apotheke OHG, Christiane Kutter und Kornelia Witzel
- Arvato Systems Perdata GmbH
- BBBank Stiftung
- Concordia-Apotheke Plauen, Uwe Bauer
- Elbtal-Apotheke Dresden, Birgit Wagner
- Evangelischer Medienverband in Sachsen e.V.
- FSA e.V.
- Freundeskreis Tiermedizin Leipzig e.V.
- GISA GmbH
- GUD.berlin GmbH
- Hildebrand & Jürgens GmbH
- Hubertus-Apotheke Klingenthal, Eike Barthel
- IDT Biologika GmbH
- Informatik DV GmbH
- Institut für Versicherungswissenschaften e.V.
- KIROW ARDELT GmbH
- Klinikum Chemnitz gGmbH
- Leipziger Messe GmbH
- Löwen-Apotheke Ellefeld, Daniel Mädler
- Löwen-Apotheke Waldheim, Dr. Sebastian Michael
- Marburger Bund, LV Sachsen
- Markt-Apotheke Oelsnitz, Constanze Süßdorf-Schönstein
- MLP Finanzdienstleistungen AG, Geschäftsstelle Leipzig IV
- Mozart-Apotheke Penig, Kerstin Bäuml-Just
- Neue Apotheke Coswig
- OBERMEYER Project Management GmbH
- Rathausapotheke Pirna-Copitz, Claudia Meerz
- Sanacorp eG Pharmazeutische Großhandlung
- SAV Sächsischer Apothekerverband e.V.
- Schwanen-Apotheke Wermsdorf, Dr. Bettina Zosel
- Seume-Apotheke Leipzig, Ute und Friedemann Schmidt
- SKW Stickstoffwerke Piesteritz GmbH
- St. Elisabeth-Krankenhaus Leipzig
- Stadtapotheke Großröhrsdorf, Thomas Dittrich
- Sächsische Landesapothekerkammer
- Universitätsklinikum Leipzig
- Vereinigung von Förderern und Freunden der Universität Leipzig e.V.
- Vetoquinol GmbH
- Vogelbeer-Apotheke Lauter-Bernsbach, Antje Bertram
- Zeisigwaldkliniken Bethanien Chemnitz
- Zoo Leipzig GmbH
- Prof. Dr. Christoph Baums
- Prof. Dr. Walter Brehm
- Prof. Dr. Arwid Daugschies
- Prof. Dr. Herbert Fuhrmann und Dr. Dorit Neumann
- Prof. Dr. Gotthold Gäbel und PD Dr. Ingrid Vervuert
- Prof. Dr. Christoph Josten
- Prof. Dr. Martin Lacher
- Prof. Dr. Frank M. Lütze
- Prof. Dr. Christoph Mülling
- Prof. Dr. Martin Pfeffer
- Torsten Pflug
- Prof. Dr. Andreas Roth und Antje Roth
- Prof. Dr. Johannes Seeger
- Prof. Dr. Alexander Starke
- Prof. Dr. Thomas Vahlenkamp
- Prof. Dr. Christian Wittekind