The 2019 enrolment ceremony (Feierliche Immatrikulation), which will take place from 3pm on 16 October, is Leipzig University’s way of welcoming newly enrolled students and introducing them to academic life. Afterwards, Rector Professor Beate A. Schücking invites all new students to enjoy a free glass of beer at the Moritzbastei, Europe’s largest student club.
When picking up their UniCard, all first-semester students receive a personal invitation to the enrolment ceremony. On the day of the event, students can exchange this invitation for admission tickets for the ceremony. Tickets will be available from 11am until 1pm at the information desk in the Neues Augusteum and then from 2pm inside the Gewandhaus.
The enrolment ceremony will be attended by:
- Leipzig University’s Rectorate
- Dr Hans-Gerhard Husung, Chairman of the University Council
- Burkhard Jung, Mayor of the City of Leipzg
- Dr Andrea Diekhof, Managing Director of the Studentenwerk Leipzig
- Dr Franziska Naether, Egyptologist, recipient of the Theodor Litt Prize in 2018 for exceptional commitment to teaching
- Leipzig University Student Council
- The former “Ersti-Experten”: Anna Diepold, Anna Kessler, Peter Kießling and Stefan Berger
- Leipzig University Choir
- The UniBigband Leipzig
Moderator: Muschda Sherzada, host of the TV programme Tigerenten Club and Leipzig University alumna.