Whether your address, your name or your insurance coverage – a lot can change while you’re enrolled at university. Please keep your personal information and contact details up to date so that we can always reach you.

New Address

If you move house, please change your address yourself via AlmaWeb:

  • Log in to AlmaWeb.
  • Click on “Account” and then, in the left-hand column, on “Change contact information”.
  • Under “Correspondence address”, click on “Change”.
  • Enter and save your new address.
New address? Make sure to update your details in AlmaWeb. Photo: Christian Hüller

Change of Name

If you wish to update your name, please come to the Student Office during office hours. Alternatively, you can inform the relevant contact person about your change of name in writing or by email. Please attach an official document as proof (e.g. a copy of your marriage certificate or change of name certificate).

Changes to your health insurance

In order to study at Leipzig University, you need to prove that you have health insurance or are exempt from the statutory insurance obligation. Please inform us of any changes in your insurance status as soon as possible.

Health insurance providers inform us if students have not paid their fees or if they are no longer covered. In such cases, we are obliged to prevent you from re-enrolling for the following semester, which can result in your exmatriculation (pursuant to Sect. 18(2) No. 3 and Sect. 21(3) No. 1 of the Saxon Freedom of Higher Education Act (SächsHSFG)9.

  • If you switch to another health insurance provider during your studies, please send proof of coverage from your new health insurance provider to the Student Office as soon as possible.
  • If you are covered by private health insurance, please send a document – issued by a statutory health insurance provider – certifying that you are exempt from the statutory insurance obligation.
  • Please inform us as soon as you have cleared any payment arrears by submitting a letter of confirmation from your health insurance provider.

You may also like


Read more

Enrolment and Academic Induction

Read more


Read more