Whether your address, your name or your insurance coverage – a lot can change while you’re enrolled at university. Please keep your personal information and contact details up to date so that we can always reach you.
SSZ closed – but you can still email or call us!
Due to the current situation, the Student Service Centre (SSZ) is closed until further notice. You can still contact us at any time by email, post or by calling us.
Our extended telephone consultation hours:
Monday to Friday
At present, it will take some time for us to proces your documents if you submit them by post. If you can, please scan your documents and attach them to your email.
Our dedicated coronavirus page has the latest information from the University.
If you move house, please change your address yourself via AlmaWeb:
- Log in to AlmaWeb.
- Click on “Account” and then, in the left-hand column, on “Change contact information”.
- Under “Correspondence address”, click on “Change”.
- Enter and save your new address.
Change of Name
If you wish to update your name, please come to the Student Service Centre during office hours. Alternatively, you can inform the relevant contact person about your change of name in writing or by email. Please attach an official document as proof (e.g. a copy of your marriage certificate or change of name certificate).
Health insurance providers inform us if students have not paid their fees or if they are no longer covered. In such cases, we are obliged to prevent you from re-enrolling for the following semester, which can result in your exmatriculation (pursuant to Sect. 18(2) No. 3 and Sect. 21(3) No. 1 of the Saxon Freedom of Higher Education Act (SächsHSFG)9.
- If you switch to another health insurance provider during your studies, please send proof of coverage from your new health insurance provider to the Student Office as soon as possible.
- If you are covered by private health insurance, please send a document – issued by a statutory health insurance provider – certifying that you are exempt from the statutory insurance obligation.
- Please inform us as soon as you have cleared any payment arrears by submitting a letter of confirmation from your health insurance provider.