Freedom means always being able to redefine your own path, to turn back from a dead end or even to risk a change of perspective. This is not always easy when studying gets tough. As part of Leipzig University’s project “Plan A – Your plan. Your path. Your choice.” we offer students confidential and impartial advice. Especially when doubts and second thoughts start to grow, it can help to talk to someone neutral.
Having Second Thoughts or Considering Dropping Out?
Are you currently feeling dissatisfied or overwhelmed by your studies? Do you wonder whether you have made the right choice? It is quite normal for students to go through difficult phases. Our advisory service can help you find answers to your questions like:
- Is my course still right for me?
- Why am I not making any progress with my degree?
- In what field do I see myself working later on? And is the course I chose, or studying at university, still the right way to get there?
Our advice is as individual as your situation. Together with you, we will work out strategies to solve the problem.
You alone decide where your path leads you. We can help and advise you on the following topics, for example:
- Second thoughts about studying
- Considering dropping out
- Discrepancy between your semesters and the credit points you’ve earned
- Studying is taking you longer than planned
- Loss of right of examination entry
- Problems making contacts on your course
- Alternatives to your chosen programme and developing new plans for the future
- Finding additional tailored consultation and support services
Make an appointment with us or drop by during our office hours for an initial chat.
Help Across the Finish Line
As a student, you may unexpectedly face major challenges just before you graduate. Perhaps your financial situation has suddenly become uncertain, or that pesky thesis you’ve been ignoring is rearing its head again. Or maybe you’re resuming your studies after a longer break. If you need some support and don’t want to tackle your pre-graduation difficulties alone, then feel free to make an appointment with us.
Our consultations are tailored to your individual needs and can help you with the following topics in particular:
- Study strategies
- Time management, dealing with stress
- Exceeding the standard period of study
- Problems with your thesis
- Other difficulties during your studies