The SSZ is the central service facility for all prospective students, applicants and current students of our university. It brings together the information, advice and services offered by the Student Advisory Service, the Student Office, the International Centre and the Studentenwerk Leipzig. There are also six online information stations and an information desk.
Guidance and Support
Do you have any questions about studying? At the Student Service Centre, you will find the advisory services of the various institutions under one roof.
The Student Advisory Service provides information and advice on the following:
- Selecting a degree course and orientation
- The courses offered by our university
- Programme content, conditions and degrees
- Dates of important things like aptitude tests
- Changing universities or degree programmes
- Problems during your studies
Telephone consultation hours:
+49 341 97-32044
Monday, Wednesday and Friday:
Monday and Wednesday:
The International Centre advises international applicants on the following:
- Courses at Leipzig University
- Application and admission procedure (master’s programmes)
- Preparatory German language course for refugees hoping to study at our university
- Applying via uni-assist or AlmaWeb; assistance with completing the application form, deadlines and checking whether your documents are complete
Consultation hours in the SSZ
Also known as Leipzig Student Services, the Studentenwerk Leipzig provides information on the following:
- Studentenwerk Leipzig services
- Mensa card
- International student ID card
BAföG Service at the Studentenwerk Leipzig
- General guidance on BAföG and assistance with filling in the application form
- Submit applications and missing documents
- Information about other funding options
- Tips on social welfare entitlements
Please note that the office hours differ from the SSZ opening hours.
Social Counselling Services at the Studentenwerk Leipzig
- Help with finding solutions in difficult situations
- Special support for:
- Pregnant students
- Students with children
- Students with a chronic illness or disability
- International students
- Information about your rights under social welfare laws and other support services
- Contacts, e.g. to other advisory centres, competent authorities etc.
Please note that the office hours differ from the SSZ opening hours and that additional services are offered by the Center for Social Services.
Having Second Thoughts or Considering Dropping Out?
As part of the project “Plan A – Your plan. Your path. Your choice.” we run an advisory service for German and international students who are having second thoughts.
Initial psychological consultation
Ms Annett Ammer-Wies, a qualified psychologist and accredited ‘systemic therapist’ (SG), offers initial psychological consultations for students and doctoral candidates at the SSZ.
The health insurance company Techniker Krankenkasse offers personal advice on its services for students at the SSZ.
Pay Us a Visit
- Coming from Berlin and Magdeburg on the A14, take the Leipzig-Mitte exit and head towards the city centre.
- Coming from Dresden on the A14, take the Leipzig-Ost exit and head towards the city centre.
- Coming from Munich, Nuremberg and Erfurt on the A38, take the Leipzig-Südwest exit and head towards the city centre.
Leaving Leipzig Central Station through the Osthalle entrance, cross the traffic lights immediately in front of you and continue along Goethestraße. After approximately 200 metres, you will see the opera house on your left and the University’s administrative building on your right, which is home to the SSZ.