Supporting talented young students, regardless of their background, is an important concern for many companies and individuals. With the Deutschlandstipendium, our university offers a unique funding programme supported by both private sponsors and the Federal Ministry of Education and Research.
Applications for the Deutschlandstipendium for the winter semester 2019/20 have now closed. Information about the next call for applications will be published here in due course.
The Deutschlandstipendium at Leipzig University
The Deutschlandstipendium is the name given to a programme of financial support for talented young people while they study, set up in a joint effort by the Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF) and companies, institutions and individuals. The aim is to support high-performing students who have demonstrated great potential or already achieved outstanding results at university. We are part of this funding network, and award scholarships under the Deutschlandstipendium programme to students at our university.
- All existing and new students of our university can apply.
- The scholarship is intended to support particularly talented and high-performing students. It also takes into account special successes, extra-curricular activities and personal or social circumstances.
- The monthly scholarship amount is 300 euros, half of which is funded by a private sponsor (companies, institutions or individuals) and half by the BMBF.
- The scholarship is awarded for a minimum of two semesters and no longer than the degree programme’s standard period of study.
- The scholarship is independent of other income. It is not deducted from BAföG and is tax-free.
- Applicants are selected by the award commissions at the University’s faculties, with the scholarships subsequently approved by the Rectorate.
- The application and selection procedure is based on the Rules on Granting Scholarships under the National Scholarship Programme (Deutschlandstipendium) at Leipzig University, and the Scholarship Programme Act (StipG) and the Ordinance on Implementing the Scholarship Programme Act (StipV) of the Federal Government.
- A Deutschlandstipendium cannot be awarded to someone who already receives other talent- or performance-based support in excess of 30 euros per month during the funding period.
Applicants are expected to be informed of whether they have been granted a scholarship at the beginning of November 2019.
Abitur graduates who have not yet received their Abitur certificate by 15 June 2019 have the opportunity to submit their leaving certificate by post by 11 July 2019 (date of receipt by Leipzig University, Department 2: Sect. 21, Deutschlandstipendium, Goethestraße 6, 04109 Leipzig).
Continuing your scholarship beyond the approved period is only possible if:
- the continuation period is within the standard period of study
- the sponsor makes funds available beyond the period of the grant.
To apply, please submit the Continuation Declaration and the documents mentioned therein. The following deadlines apply:
- To continue a scholarship beyond 31 March 2020, the documents must be received by 30 November 2019.
- To continue a scholarship beyond 30 September 2019, the documents must be received by 15 May 2019.
The faculties’ award committees will examine whether your talent and performance justify continuing the scholarship. Your academic achievements are particularly important here. The decision also takes into account special personal circumstances, commitment, internships, and particular successes and awards.
In the event that there are not enough funds available, your application for continuation of the scholarship will automatically be considered as a new application for the Deutschlandstipendium.
Please note that completing a bachelor’s degree will result in your scholarship being terminated. If you subsequently start a master’s degree, you will need to reapply for the Deutschlandstipendium if desired.
If you exceed your standard period of study, it is only possible to continue the scholarship in exceptional cases. Reasons may include:
- caring for and raising a child
- a period abroad related to your field of study.
If such an exceptional case applies to you, please submit a justified application for your scholarship to be extended, noting the above-mentioned deadlines (see “Information on continuation”). It is important that you provide credible proof of the reasons given for the extension.
Thanks to a whole host of committed individuals and companies, Leipzig University has already been able to support some 571 talented and high-achieving students.
We would like to express our sincere thanks to all our sponsors:
- Adler-Apotheke Nossen, Bert Napierkowski
- Ahorn Apotheke Böhlen, Pirkko-Maria Herre
- Albert-Schweitzer-Apotheke e.K., Claudia Sehmisch
- Alumni der Leipziger Medizinischen Fakultät e.V. (ALM)
- AOK PLUS - Die Gesundheitskasse für Sachsen und Thüringen
- Apogepha Arzneimittel GmbH
- Apotheke Buehlau e.K., Silvia Trautmann
- Apotheke Reudnitz, Silvana Taubert
- Apotheke am Stadtwald, Marco Münch
- ARKANA Apotheke OHG, Christiane Kutter und Kornelia Witzel
- BBBank Stiftung
- Bergapotheke Brand-Erbisdorf, Heike Kautz
- Bergstadt-Apotheke Siebenlehn, Kathrin Riehl
- Concordia Apotheke Plauen, Uwe Bauer
- Evangelischer Medienverband in Sachsen e.V.
- Ev. Diakonissenkrankenhaus Leipzig
- Freundeskreis Tiermedizin der Veterinärmedizinischen Fakultät Leipzig e.V.
- FSA e.V.
- Gesellschaft zur Förderung des Notarrechts in Sachsen e.V.
- GISA GmbH
- Herzzentrum Leipzig GmbH
- Hildebrand & Partner GmbH
- Hilfswerk der Lions Leipzig Cosmopolitan e.V.
- Hubertus-Apotheke Klingenthal, Eike Barthel
- IDT Biologika GmbH
- Informatik DV GmbH
- Institut für Versicherungswissenschaften e.V.
- KIROW ARDELT GmbH
- Klinikum Chemnitz gGmbH
- Leipziger Messe GmbH
- Uta und Jürgen Lesche
- Löwen-Apotheke Ellefeld, Daniel Mädler
- Löwen-Apotheke zu Penig, Rainer Bäuml
- Löwen-Apotheke Waldheim, Dr. Sebastian Michael
- Marburger Bund, LV Sachsen
- Markt Apotheke Oelsnitz, Constanze Süßdorf-Schönstein
- Menarini - Von Heyden GmbH Dr. Edwin Anton
- MLP Finanzdienstleistungen AG
- Mozart-Apotheke Penig, Kerstin Bäuml-Just
- Neue Apotheke Coswig, Thomas Höringklee
- OBERMEYER Project Management GmbH
- Optimax Energy, Alexander Schwabe
- Petersen Hardrath Pruggmayer Rechtsanwälte Steuerberater
- Rathaus-Apotheke Pirna-Copitz, Claudia Meerz
- RST Steuerberatungsgesellschaft mbH
- Sächsischer Apothekerverband e.V.
- Sächsische Landesapothekerkammer
- Sanacorp eG Pharmazeutische Großhandlung
- Schwanen-Apotheke Wermsdorf, Dr. Bettina Zosel
- Seume-Apotheke Leipzig, Ute und Friedemann Schmidt
- SKW Stickstoffwerke Piesteritz GmbH
- SpinLab Accelerator GmbH, Eric Weber
- St. Elisabeth-Krankenhaus Leipzig
- Universitätsklinikum Leipzig
- Verein zur Förderung der Sportwissenschaft an der Universität Leipzig e.V.
- Vetoquinol GmbH
- Virchow-Apotheke Zwickau, Uta Münch
- Vogelbeer-Apotheke Lauter-Bernsbach, Antje Bertram
- Zeisigwaldkliniken Bethanien Chemnitz
- Zoo Leipzig GmbH
- Prof. Dr. Ingo Dähnert und Antje Relke-Dähnert
- Prof. Dr. Tim Drygala
- Dr. Ralf und Elgin Eckert
- Prof. Dr. Herbert Fuhrmann und Dr. Dorit Neumann
- Prof. Dr. Gotthold Gäbel und PD Dr. Ingrid Vervuert
- Prof. Dr. Christoph Josten
- Prof. Dr. Martin Lacher
- Prof. Dr. Frank M. Lütze
- Torsten Pflug
- Prof. Dr. Andreas Roth
Prof. Dr. Christian Wittekind