Here we inform you about upcoming University elections, about election regulations, and about the election officials at Leipzig University. The translation of this information into English is intended solely as a convenience to people who do not read German. Any discrepancies or differences that may arise in the translation of the official German version of this information are not binding and have no legal effect.
Elections will be held for the following positions between 10am on 4 May 2021 and 12pm on 11 May 2021:
- 11 group representatives for professors to the Senate
- 4 group representatives for academic staff to the Senate
- 4 group representatives for students to the Senate
- 2 group representatives for other staff to the Senate
- 35 group representatives for professors to the Extended Senate
- 14 group representatives for academic staff to the Extended Senate
- 14 group representatives for students to the Extended Senate
- 7 group representatives for other staff to the Extended Senate
- Group representatives for students to all faculty councils
- 1 group representative for professors and 1 group representative for other staff to the Faculty Council of the Faculty of History, Art and Area Studies
- 1 group representative for other staff to the Faculty Council of the Faculty of Law
- 1 group representative for academic staff to the Faculty Council of the Faculty of Education
- Commissioners for Equal Opportunities and their deputies at the Faculty of History, Art and Area Studies, the Faculty of Social Sciences and Philosophy, the Faculty of Economics and Management Science, the Faculty of Mathematics and Computer Science, and the Faculty of Chemistry and Mineralogy
- Commissioners for Equal Opportunities at the Faculty of Theology and the Faculty of Law
- Deputy Commissioner for Equal Opportunities at the Faculty of Medicine
- 7 members of the Doctoral Council.
Details of the current elections can be found in the election announcements (Wahlausschreibungen).
The election announcements (Wahlausschreibungen and Wahlbekanntmachungen) can be found here on the German version of this page.
In order to participate in the election for the Doctoral Council (Promovierendenrat), your email address must be known to the Dean’s Office. Please contact your dean’s office in good time to ensure this is the case.
The University’s Election Committee comprises the following members:
- Professor Jochen Rozek (Faculty of Law)
- Dr Bert R. E. Klagges (Faculty of Life Sciences)
- Dr Christoph Markert (Office for Quality Management in Teaching and Studies)
- Moritz Kodytek (student body, Computer Science)
- Fabian Tronicke (student body, Mathematics)
Other employees (main occupation):