With the exception of the data mentioned below, no data is collected about visitors to our web pages that allows conclusions to be drawn about a natural person.
If personal data is collected on the Leipzig University website (e.g. when registering for events), we request your consent in advance.
If, in individual cases, Leipzig University processes personal data, every data subject may at any time request information about the data processed about him or her as well as about the possible recipients of this data to whom it has been transferred. Leipzig University must provide this information within one month of receiving the request for information.
We have taken all necessary and appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure that it is possible to comply with data protection regulations within Leipzig University. If, however, you believe that Leipzig University has violated your right to protection of your personal data, then you may file a complaint with the University’s Data Protection Officer or the Saxon Commissioner for Data Protection.
Please note that data transfer over the internet, in particular by email, is essentially unsecured. It cannot be ruled out that transferred data may be read by unauthorised persons and possibly even falsified.
Data Protection Officer at Leipzig University
Data Protection Officer: Thomas Braatz
Deputy Data Protection Officer/Information Security Officer: Steffen Rienecker
Phone: +49 341 97-30081
Competent data protection supervisory authority
Saxon Commissioner for Data Protection
Mr Andreas Schurig
Phone: +49 351493-5401
Fax: +49 351/493-5490
Almaweb web portal | tool
Information obligations on the part of Leipzig University
Leipzig University draws your attention in particular to the fact that
- data processing in the AlmaWeb campus management system is performed by Leipzig University solely for the purposes of admitting students and organising their studies in accordance with Section 14(1) No. 1 of the Saxon Freedom of Higher Education Act (SächsHSFG);
- data processing is performed in accordance with the following legal and statutory provisions:
- Sections 14, 17 and 18 of the Saxon Freedom of Higher Education Act
- Section 25 of the Enrolment Regulations of Leipzig University
- Sections 2, 3 and 6 of the Saxon Ordinance on Personal Data in Higher Education (SächsHSPersDatVO)
- Section 3(1) of the German Higher Education Statistics Act (HStatG);
- unless otherwise prescribed by law or you have consented in individual cases, data will not be transferred to other third parties and, in accordance with Section 18(2) SächsHSPersDatVO, your personal data will be erased as soon as possible after your exmatriculation;
- you can request information at any time about the data processed concerning you and the possible recipients of such data to whom it has been transferred, and that you are entitled to a response within one month of receipt of the request for information;
- you as the data subject have the right to object at any time, for reasons arising from your particular situation, to processing of your personal data which is performed based on Article 6(1)(e) of the EU GDPR;
- in such cases, Leipzig University as the controller shall no longer process the personal data unless it can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override the interests, rights and freedoms of you as the data subject or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims;
- if you are of the opinion that your right to the protection of your personal data has been violated during the processing of your personal data, or if information has not been provided or has not been provided in full, you can contact Leipzig University’s Data Protection Officer and the competent data protection supervisory authority.
Protecting your data
Please log out after each session and close your web browser. Only by logging out can you protect your data from access by third parties. This applies in particular if you have logged in using a public computer, PC pool or internet café.
Use of analysis services
You can object to the storage and use of this data during your visit to our website at any time. To do so, simply click on the box below so that the check mark is no longer visible (opt-out procedure). In this case, what’s known as an opt-out cookie is stored in your browser so that Matamo can no longer collect session data. Please note that deleting your cookies for a particular session will also delete the opt-out cookie, which you may need to manually reactivate the next time you visit our website.