NEWS & EVENTS
Find out the latest news from our school. Learn more about the new projects, grants, talks, PhD defences, and latest publications.
Brain Dynamics Seminar Series
02.12. 12:00 - PD Dr. Veronica Witte
Department of Neurology, MPI for Human Cognitive and Brain Sciences; Cognitive Neurology, University Hospital
"Impact of obesity and diet on brain structure and function: a gut–brain–body crosstalk"
16.12. 12:00 - Prof. Dr. Sebastian Grüneisen
Early Child Development and Culture, Faculty of Education
"Coordinated decision-making in young children"
06.01. 12:00 - tba
20.01. 12:00 - tba
03.02. 12:00 - Prof. Dr. Gesa Hartwigsen
Cognitive and Biological Psychology, Faculty of Life Sciences; Lise Meitner Research Group Cognition and Plasticity, MPI for Human Cognitive and Brain Sciences
- Prof. Stassart and Dr. Fledrich to receive funds from the Federal Ministry of Education as members of the Lipid Immune Neuropathy Consortium
- ERC Starting Grant for Dr. Zohreh Hosseinzadeh and the Paul Flechsig Institute – Centre for Neuropathology and Brain Research
- Inaugural Brain Dynamics Scientific Day held on October 7th
- Doctoral candidates share their impressions on having a Thesis Advisory Committee (TAC)
- RAL Competence School 2022/23 starts in October with workshops for doctoral researchers and postdocs
14.12.2022 17:00 Clinical and neuroscientific colloquium (Klinisch-Neurowissenschaftliches Kolloquium) organized by the Department of Neurology at the University Hospital - Prof. Dr. Erdem Güresir from the Department of Neurosurgery, University Hospital Leipzig will give a talk titled: „Neurochirurgie – Aktuelles in Klinik und Forschung“;
24.11.2022 17:00 BILL Seminar Series organized by the Saxonian Incubator for Clinical Translation (SIKT) - Dr. Maria Magda Magiera from Institut Curie in Orsay, France will give a talk titled: „Posttranslational glutamylation of microtubules controls neuronal functions and can cause neurodegeneration“;
18.11.2022 15:30 Doctoral thesis defences at the Faculty of Medicine;
10.11.2022 15:30 Online Mind Meeting talk organized by the The Department of Psychology of the MPI CBS - Prof. Timothy Behrens from the University of Oxford, UK will talk about: “A re-programmable finite state machine in the mouse medial prefrontal cortex”;