NEWS & EVENTS
Find out the latest news from our school. Learn more about the new projects, grants, talks, PhD defences, and latest publications.
Brain Dynamics Seminar Series
31.03. 12:00 - Dr. Christian Simon
Carl Ludwig Institute of Physiology, Medical Faculty
"Motor neurons drive motor circuit pathology in a distal form of spinal muscular atrophy"
21.04. 12:00 - Prof. Dr. Mareike Zink
Peter-Debye-Institute for Soft Matter Physics, Faculty of Physics and Earth Sciences
"How to study biocompatibility of neuroelectrodes with biophysical tools and machine-learning algorithms"
05.05. 12:00 - PD Dr. Zohreh Hosseinzadeh
Paul Flechsig Institute of Brain Research, Medical Faculty
- Marie Skłodowska-Curie - Doctoral Networks (MSCA-DN) grant for PD Dr. Hosseinzadeh and RETORNA project
- The Research Academy Leipzig turns into the Graduate Academy Leipzig
- Brain Dynamics graduate student Ole Bialas successfully defended his doctoral thesis
- Prof. Stassart and Dr. Fledrich to receive funds from the Federal Ministry of Education as members of the Lipid Immune Neuropathy Consortium
- ERC Starting Grant for PD Dr. Zohreh Hosseinzadeh and the Paul Flechsig Institute – Centre for Neuropathology and Brain Research
- Inaugural Brain Dynamics Scientific Day held on October 7th
- Doctoral candidates share their impressions on having a Thesis Advisory Committee (TAC)
- RAL Competence School 2022/23 starts in October with workshops for doctoral researchers and postdocs
- 04.04.2023 10:00 Guest lecture at the Institute of Biology - Prof. Dr. Thomas Roeder from the Institute of Zoology at the Kiel University will talk about: "Nutrition and hormones as
determinants of metabolism and organ structure in Drosophila";
- 29.03.2023 10:00 Guest lecture at the MPI for Human Cognitive and Brain Sciences - Prof. Dr. Magdalena Sauvage from the Leibniz Institute for Neurobiology (LIN) in Magdeburg will give a talk titled: "Towards a Functional Architecture of Memory";
- 20.03.2023 16:00 Cognition Colloquium organized by the Max Planck School of Cognition - Prof. Isabel Dziobek from Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin will give a talk titled: "From social robotics to participatory research: What we can learn from the study of autism for mental health challenges of the 21st century";
- 16.03.2023 12:30 Guest lecture at the Paul Flechsig Institute of Neuropathology - Prof. Dr. Claire Jacob from the Institute of Developmental Biology and Neurobiology at Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz will give a talk titled: "Inducing a Schwann cell-like repair phenotype in oligodendrocytes enables axonal regrowth after injury";
- 13.03.2023 15:30 Guest lecture at the MPI for Human Cognitive and Brain Sciences - Prof. Suzanne Higgs from the School of Psychology, University of Birmingham, UK will talk about: "The role of cognitive functions in uncontrolled eating and obesity";
- 09.03.2023 17:00 BILL Seminar Series - Dr. Thorsten Schmidt from the Institute of Medical Genetics and Applied Genomics at the University of Tuebingen will talk about: "The importance of the intracellular localization of the affected protein in a neurodegenerative disease";
- 03.03.2023 15:00 Guest lecture at the Institute of Biology - Prof. Dr. Stephan J. Sigrist from the Institute of Biology at Freie Universität Berlin will talk about: "Mechanisms and functions of active zone remodelling".
Latest publications by our doctoral students:
Schulz A, Richter F, Richter A.
In vivo optogenetic inhibition of striatal parvalbumin-reactive interneurons induced genotype-specific changes in neuronal activity without dystonic signs in male DYT1 knock-in mice.
J Neurosci Res. 2023 Apr; 101(4): 448-463.
Hennlein L, Ghanawi H, Gerstner F, Palominos García E, Yildirim E, Saal-Bauernschubert L, Moradi M, Deng C, Klein T, Appenzeller S, Sauer M, Briese M, Simon C, Sendtner M, Jablonka S.
Plastin 3 rescues cell surface translocation and activation of TrkB in spinal muscular atrophy.
J Cell Biol. 2023 Mar; 222(3): e202204113.
Schlensog-Schuster F, Keil J, Von Klitzing K, Gniewosz G, Schulz CC, Schlesier-Michel A, Mayer S, Stadelmann S, Döhnert M, Klein AM, Sierau S, Manly JT, Sheridan MA, White LO.
From Maltreatment to Psychiatric Disorders in Childhood and Adolescence: The Relevance of Emotional Maltreatment.
Child Maltreat. 2022 Nov; 10775595221134248.
Klein CC, Berger P, Goucha T, Friederici AD, Grosse Wiesmann C.
Children's syntax is supported by the maturation of BA44 at 4 years, but of the posterior STS at 3 years of age.
Cereb Cortex. 2022 Nov; bhac430.
Buettner JM, Sowoidnich L, Gerstner F, Blanco-Redondo B, Hallermann S, Simon CM.
p53-dependent c-Fos expression is a marker but not executor for motor neuron death in spinal muscular atrophy mouse models.
Front Cell Neurosci. 2022 Nov; 16: 1038276.
Perl S, Lüttig A, Köhling R, Richter A.
Deep brain stimulation in animal models of dystonia.
Neurobiol Dis. 2022 Oct; 175: 105912.
Bluhm A, Schrempel S, Moceri S, Stieler J, Feja M, Schilling S, Schulze A, von Hörsten S, Hartlage-Rübsamen M, Richter F, Roßner S.
Alpha synuclein processing by MMP-3 - implications for synucleinopathies.
Behav Brain Res. 2022 Sep; 434: 114020.
Becker S, Schulz A, Kreyer S, Dreßler J, Richter A, Helmschrodt C.
Sensitive and simultaneous quantification of 16 neurotransmitters and metabolites in murine microdialysate by fast liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry.
Talanta. 2022 Sep; 253: 123965.
Buettner JM, Kirmann T, Mentis GZ, Hallermann S, Simon CM.
Laser microscopy acquisition and analysis of premotor synapses in the murine spinal cord.
STAR Protoc. 2022 Mar; 3(1): 101236.
Ruthig P, Schönwiesner M.
Common principles in the lateralization of auditory cortex structure and function for vocal communication in primates and rodents.
Eur J Neurosci. 2022 Feb; 55(3): 827-845.
Schulz CC, von Klitzing K, Deserno L, Sheridan MA, Crowley MJ, Schoett MJS, Hoffmann F, Villringer A, Vrtička P, White LO.
Emotional maltreatment and neglect impact neural activation upon exclusion in early and mid-adolescence: An event-related fMRI study.
Dev Psychopathol. 2022 Feb: 1-13.
Braga A, Schönwiesner M.
Neural Substrates and Models of Omission Responses and Predictive Processes.
Front Neural Circuits. 2022 Feb; 16: 799581.