Here, you will find relevant information on the Job Tickets for the public sector, mainly in the area of the MDV (Mitteldeutsche Verkehrsverbund) and Deutsche Bahn.
Deutschlandticket (“49 Euro Ticket”) as a Job Ticket:
As of 20.10.2023:
Dear colleagues, we have now received information from the Saxon State Ministry of Science and Art (SMWK) on the Deutschlandticket:
- It will be introduced as a job ticket, probably initially limited until 31.12.2024.
- It is to be marketed exclusively as a mobile phone ticket. The alternative provision of a chip card – which the Ministry has advocated – is ruled out for cost reasons, according to the providers.
- Due to the imminent technical implementation (the application procedure will also be carried out exclusively electronically, presumably with the involvement of the personnel administration offices), we anticipate that it will be possible to purchase the ticket on 1.12.2023.
As soon as we have more details, we will inform you here.
- Job tickets can be used by all employees of the Free State of Saxony – regardless of whether they are trainees, academically or non-academically employed, professors or civil servants.
Since 1 January 2019, the job ticket in the area of the MDV (Mitteldeutsche Verkehrsverbund) has only been available with the option of employer participation. The discounts in the MDV area are 13% MDV and 10% employer. The contact person is DB Vertrieb GmbH. All further information and documents can be found below in the relevant section.
- The use of a job ticket is also possible in the supra-regional area. The pricing here depends on the daily distance to be travelled with Deutsche Bahn and any additional use of MDV zones. You can find the contact person for the DB job ticket on the information sheet on the DB job ticket. They will be happy to provide you with an individual offer.
- Other transport associations in Saxony have also concluded job tickets with employer contributions with the Free State of Saxony.
In total, the following job tickets are available to employees in authorities and institutions of the Free State of Saxony (and thus also for Leipzig University):
- Deutschen Bahn AG (DB)
- Mitteldeutscher Verkehrsverbund (MDV)
- Verkehrsverbund Oberelbe (VVO) and Zweckverband Verkehrsverbund Oberlausitz-Niederschlesien (ZVNO)
- Verkehrsverbund Mittelsachsen (VMS)
- Verkehrsverbund Vogtland GmbH (VVV)
Hints - Explanations - Forms (in German only)
Below you will find information in German on Job-Tickets as well as the forms for the MDV and DB sectors.
205 KB (valid from 1.8.2023)
ORDER FORM/CHANGE REQUEST FOR A MDV JOB TICKET
Note: The employer's confirmation (point 7) can be made by your personnel officer in the HR Department (Dezernat 3).
VVO and ZVON job ticket
ZVON PRICE TABLE TRANSITION TARIFF VVO-ZVON
236 KB (valid from 01.08.2022)
ZVON PRICE TABLE REGULAR TARIFF ZVON
587 KB (gültig ab 01.08.2022)
VMS job ticket
TARIFF ZONE PLAN
455 KB (As of 2016)
VMS Price table
207 KB (valid from 01.08.2022)