At Leipzig University, the faculties’ study offices and examination offices oversee the organisation of exams and compliance with examination regulations.
Study and Examination Regulations
Each faculty is responsible for the study and examination regulations for each of its degree programmes. These regulations include general and subject-specific provisions for aspects such as the standard period of study, deadlines, examination forms and their assessment, programme length and structure, scope of studies, academic requirements, subject of examinations and final degree.
The faculty study offices are generally responsible for examination management and as such oversee exam organisation and compliance with examination regulations.
The teacher training degrees are an exception to this rule as the examination management for these is conducted independently from the core subjects in the Central Examination Office for Teacher Training Degree Programmes (ZPL).
You can get advice and information on the following topics:
- Registering for examinations
- Examination dates / Registration deadlines
- Admission to examinations
- Withdrawing from examinations
- Appealing a decision
- Announcement of examination results
- Issuing of certificates
Unlike the examination management, the faculties’ examination boards do not have an advisory function but instead a decision-making one. They decide on issues such as the following:
- Recognition of credits from previous degree programmes
- Approval of part-time studies
- Appeal against an examination failed for the final time
- Decision on module registrations and deregistrations that were past the deadline
- Approval of compensation for disadvantages
Examination Management and Board for Your Degree Progamme
Please go to the German page to see an alphabetically sorted overview of the degree programmes with links to the examination management and the responsible examination board. Under the examination board, you will find the contact information for the examination board chairs. Please direct your enquiries here.