The Deutschlandstipendium is the name given to a programme of financial support set up by the German government. It is aimed at high-performing students who have demonstrated great potential or already achieved outstanding results at university or work. Besides a person’s performance and personal achievements, the programme takes into account social commitment, the willingness to assume responsibility, and special social, family or personal circumstances. Worth 300 euros per month, scholarships are funded in equal parts by the Federal Government and private sponsors.
You can apply for a Deutschlandstipendium in the academic year 2022/23 from 15 May to 15 June 2022.
The Deutschlandstipendium at Leipzig University
- All existing and new students of our university can apply.
The scholarship is intended to support particularly talented and high-performing students. It also takes into account special successes, extracurricular activities and personal or social circumstances.
The monthly scholarship amount is 300 euros, half of which is funded by a private sponsor (companies, institutions or individuals) and half by the German government.
- Scholarships are awarded for a minimum of two semesters and no longer than the degree programme’s standard period of study.
- The scholarship is independent of other income. It is not deducted from BAföG and is tax-free.
- Applicants are selected by the award commissions at the University’s faculties, with the scholarships subsequently approved by the Rectorate.
- The application and selection procedure is based on the Rules on Granting Scholarships under the National Scholarship Programme (Deutschlandstipendium) at Leipzig University, and the Scholarship Programme Act (StipG) and the Ordinance on Implementing the Scholarship Programme Act (StipV) of the Federal Government.
- A Deutschlandstipendium cannot be awarded to someone who already receives other talent- or performance-based support in excess of 30 euros per month during the funding period.
You can apply for a Deutschlandstipendium in the academic year 2022/23 from 15 May to 15 June 2022.
Applications under the Deutschlandstipendium programme must be submitted online. Please note that we can only process complete applications submitted correctly during the application period.
It is anticipated that scholarships will be able to be awarded for the following disciplines:
Economics and management science (specialisations: banking, insurance and investment management, risk analysis / risk control, sustainability, economic and social geography, urban spaces), data science, humanities, medicine, computer science, art history, teaching degrees, mathematics, meteorology, mineralogy and materials science, pharmacy, law, sustainable development, veterinary medicine, information systems
This overview is updated regularly.
Scholarships are still being secured, meaning that students from all disciplines can apply for the Deutschlandstipendium!
- Before you start your application, you will need to create an account. This will let you log into the system at any time.
- Then download the declaration of participation here or in the portal, print it out and sign it before adding it to your application as a scanned attachment.
- Once you have started your online application, you can save your changes and edit it later. However, in order for the application to be valid, it is essential that you submit it by the deadline.
- You can upload attachments in PDF format only (maximum 2 MB).
You will need to upload the following application documents:
- Signed declaration of participation
- Letter of motivation (maximum 2 A4 pages)
- Enrolment certificate, if you are already enrolled at Leipzig University.
- Academic achievements (usually Transcript of Records), if grades are already available
- Certificate of higher education entrance qualification
- Certificate of first university degree (usually bachelor’s degree), if available.
- Optional: Proof of further skills or other extracurricular activities
- Optional: Proof of special personal or family circumstances.
If you are already receiving a Deutschlandstipendium that ends on 30 September 2022, you have until 15 May 2022 to submit a continuation declaration or an application for an extension via the application portal.
Continuing your scholarship beyond the approved period is only possible if:
- the continuation period is within the standard period of study
- the sponsor makes funds available beyond the period of the grant.
For this purpose, it is possible to submit a declaration of continuation. What form this declaration should take, and to which office the required documents should be submitted, will be announced here in due course. The following deadlines apply:
- To continue a scholarship beyond 31 March, the documents must be received by 30 November of the previous year.
- To continue a scholarship beyond 30 September, the documents must be received by 15 May of the year.
The faculties’ award committees will examine whether your talent and performance justify continuing the scholarship. Your academic achievements are particularly important here. The decision also takes into account special personal circumstances, commitment, internships, and particular successes and awards.
In the event that there are not enough funds available, your application for continuation of the scholarship will automatically be considered as a new application for the Deutschlandstipendium.
Please note that completing a bachelor’s degree will result in your scholarship being terminated. If you subsequently start a master’s degree, you will need to reapply for the Deutschlandstipendium if desired.
If you exceed your standard period of study, it is only possible to continue the scholarship in exceptional cases. Reasons may include:
- Caring for and raising a child
- A period abroad related to your field of study.
If such an exceptional case applies to you, please submit a justified application for your scholarship to be extended noting the above deadlines (see declaration of continuation).
It is important that you provide credible proof of the reasons given for the extension.
Information for sponsors
Support talented and committed students at Leipzig University. Help to ensure that young people can develop their talents unhindered and at the same time strengthen Leipzig as a university city. Get in touch with “your” scholarship holders and other sponsors and become part of a growing network. By contributing, you are investing in the future and making an effective commitment to young talent.
Become a sponsor
With a donation of 1800 euros per year, you take over part of a Deutschlandstipendium. The Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF) doubles this amount. Each scholarship holder thus receives 300 euros per month.
Simply complete the funding agreement and send it to us by post or email.
You are also welcome to make a smaller contribution towards a Deutschlandstipendium scholarship. These donations are combined by the University Society for Friends and Supporters of Leipzig University (Universitätsgesellschaft - Freunde und Förderer der Universität Leipzig e.V.) and awarded as a collective scholarship for the next academic year.
Please use the following bank details if you would like to make a partial donation to a scholarship under the Deutschlandstipendium programme:
Recipient: Universitätsgesellschaft - Freunde und Förderer der Universität Leipzig e.V.
Payment reference: Spende KW - 2073 Deutschlandstipendien
IBAN: DE98 8608 0000 0118 7867 00
BIC: DRESDEFF860 (Commerzbank AG Leipzig)
- You come into contact with talented and high-performing students, letting you shape the next generation of skilled workers.
- You can choose an academic discipline or degree programme from 14 faculties.
- You arouse interest in your company.
- You show solidarity with the University and Leipzig as a location.
- You promote bright young minds to help tackle the crucial questions of the future.
- You and your company will be named in connection with the Deutschlandstipendium programme.
- You can attend the meeting of the selection committee.
- You will receive a donation receipt; the sponsorship is tax-deductible.
- You can advertise that you are a partner of the Deutschlandstipendium programme.
Recipient: Universität Leipzig
Bank: Deutsche Bundesbank
Payment reference: 28231 - Deutschlandstipendien
IBAN: DE22 8600 0000 0086 0015 22
BIC: MARK DEF1 860
Please enter a payment reference. Otherwise, we may be unable to match your donation to your name! Donations are tax-deductible. We issue donation receipts for amounts of 200 euros or more. We will require your address for this. For donations of less than 200 euros, the tax authorities will accept your bank statement as proof of your donation.
Thanks to a whole host of committed individuals and companies, Leipzig University has already been able to support some 933 talented and high-achieving students.
We would like to express our sincere thanks to all our sponsors in the year 2021/22:
- Adler-Apotheke Borna, Carsten Quick
- Adler-Apotheke Nossen, Bert Napierkowski
- Ahorn-Apotheke Böhlen, Pirkko-Maria Herre
- Alumni der Leipziger Medizinischen Fakultät e.V. - ALM
- AOK Plus - Die Gesundheitskasse für Sachsen und Thüringen
- apoBank Stiftung
- APOGEPHA Arzneimittel GmbH
- Apotheke am Stadtwald Zwickau, Marco Münch
- Apotheke Bühlau, Sylvia Trautmann
- Apotheke im Ärztehaus Mickten, Maret Hoffmann
- Apotheke Naußlitz-Center, Beate Schubert-Zeißler
- Apotheke Reutdnitz, Silvana Taubert
- ARKANA Apotheke OHG, Christiane Kutter und Kornelia Witzel
- BBBank Stiftung
- Cc-Klinikverwaltungsgesellschaft Chemnitz mbH / Klinikum Chemnitz
- Concordia-Apotheke Plauen, Uwe Bauer
- Deloitte GmbH
- detektor.fm / BEBE Medien GmbH
- DPFA-Schulen gemeinnützige GmbH
- envia Mitteldeutsche Energie AG
- Evangelisches Diakonissenkrankenhaus Leipzig
- Freundeskreis Tiermedizin der Veterinärmedizinischen Fakultät Leipzig e.V.
- FSA e.V.
- GISA GmbH
- Herzzentrum Leipzig GmbH
- Hildebrand & Partner GmbH
- Hubertus-Apotheke Klingenthal, Eike Barthel
- IDT Biologika GmbH
- Informatik DV GmbH
- Institut für Versicherungswissenschaften e.V. an der Universität Leipzig
- KIROW ARDELT GmbH
- LBBW Landesbank Baden-Württemberg
- Leipzig Heart Institute GmbH
- Leipziger Messe GmbH
- Liebig-Apotheke Leipzig, Dr. Matthias Wegener
- Löwe-Apotheke Ellefeld, Daniel Mädler
- Löwen-Apotheke Penig, Rainer Bäuml
- Löwen-Apotheke Waldheim, Dr. Sebastian Michael
- Luther-Apotheke Leipzig, Dr. Holger Herold
- Marburger Bund, Landesverband Sachsen
- Markt-Apotheke Oelsnitz, Constanze Süssdorf-Schönstein
- Medic-Apotheke im Elbepark, Konrad Mühmel
- MLP Finanzberatung SE, Daniel Fritzsche und Tobias Petzold
- Moritz-Apotheke Meißen, Dr. Oliver Morof
- Mozart-Apotheke Penig, Kerstin Bäuml-Just
- Neue Zahnradwerke Leipzig GmbH
- OBERMEYER Project Management GmbH
- PETERSEN HARDRAHT PRUGGMAYER Rechtsanwälte, Steuerberater
- powercloud GmbH
- Relaxdays GmbH
- Sächsische Landesapothekerkammer
- Sanacorp eG Pharmazeutische Großhandlung
- SAV Sächsischer Apothekerverband e.V.
- Scheffel-Apotheke Leipzig, Claudia Sehmisch
- Schwanen-Apotheke Chemnitz, Heike Wöstenberg
- Schwanen-Apotheke Pirna, Dr. Alfred Schmidt
- Sigi und Hans Meder Stiftung
- SKW Stickstoffwerke Piesteritz GmbH
- Sonnen-Apotheke Grimma, Ulrike Just
- SpinLab Accelerator GmbH
- St. Elisabeth-Krankenhaus Leipzig
- Stadt Apotheke Großröhrsdorf, Thomas Dittrich
- Süd-Apotheke Plauen, Ramona Schmidt
- Tagesklinik für Kleintiere Dr. Volker Jähnig
- Treuhand Hannover, NL Halle
- U.S. Consulate General Leipzig
- Universitätsgesellschaft - Freunde und Förderer der Universität Leipzig e.V.
- Universitätsklinikum Leipzig
- Verein zur Förderung der Sportwissenschaft an der Universität Leipzig e.V.
- Vetoquinol GmbH
- Virchow-Apotheke Zwickau, Uta Münch
- Vogelbeer-Apotheke Lauter-Bernsbach, Antje Bertram
- webtotrade GmbH / creoven.de
- XITASO GmbH
- Zoo Leipzig GmbH
- Prof. Dr. Christoph Baums
- Prof. Dr. Michael A. Borger
- Prof. Dr. Peggy Braun
- Prof. Dr. Walter Brehm
- Sapthagiri Chapalapalli
- Prof. Dr. Ingo Dähnert und Antje Relke-Dähnert
- Prof. Dr. Arwid Daugschies
- Prof. Dr. Tim Drygala
- Dr. Dorit Neumann und Prof. Dr. Herbert Fuhrmann
- Prof. Dr. Gotthold Gäbel
- Dr. Georg Greitemann
- Prof. Dr. Gerhard Hindricks
- Prof. Dr. Christoph Josten
- Prof. Dr. Ulrike Köhl
- Prof. Dr. Martin Lacher
- Prof. Dr. Frank M. Lütze
- Prof. Dr. Christoph Mülling
- Torsten Pflug
- Prof. Dr. Andreas Roth
- Prof. Dr. Dr. Andreas Schüle
- Prof. Dr. Michaela Schulz-Siegmund
- Prof. Dr. Johannes Seeger
- Prof. Dr. Alexander Starke
- Wiebke Tebrün
- Prof. Dr. Holger Thiele
- Prof. Dr. Christian Wittekind
- Ulf Zingel