Networking and knowledge of your industry are essential at the beginning of your career. Our occupational overviews present different professional fields that match your academic profile. Our university’s alumni and practical partners are on hand for you to establish your first contacts whilst studying. Job exchanges and careers fairs offer further opportunities for professional orientation and expanding your network of contacts. And when it comes to looking for an actual job, thematic and industry-specific recruitment portals can be particularly helpful.
Which degree is suitable for which profession? Which knowledge and qualifications are required for which job? Our occupational overviews present different occupational fields and areas of employment, providing a sector-by-sector summary of job portals and sources of information. Job fairs are a great way to meet potential employers in person.
- 9 September 2023, Jobmesse Leipzig
10:00 – 16:00, Congress Center Leipzig
- 4 & 5 November 2023, 5th Job Fair Leipzig
10:00 - 17:00, Kongresshalle am Zoo
- 27 January 2024, 24th Job Fair Leipzig
10:00 – 16:00, Congress Center Leipzig, 04356 Leipzig
- 07 September 2024, 25th Job Fair Leipzig
10:00 – 16:00, Congress Center Leipzig, 04356 Leipzig
You can find interesting alumni profiles, which offer an insight into fields of study and career prospects, in the Our alumni section.
Networking – Our corporate partners
Together with our industry partners, we organise projects and excursions that give students the opportunity to make contacts and gain professional experience and insights into various professional fields during their studies.
As Germany's largest insurance holding company, Allianz Deutschland AG has almost 30,000 employees. If you are looking for practical insights into a job interview and would like to familiarize yourself with the steps of an assessment center, we recommend attending the biannual workshop held by Britta Müller, Head of Development Programs, at Career Service. As a University of Leipzig alumna, Ms. Müller's extensive experience will provide you with authentic exercises, regardless of whether you have no or existing experience in the application process.
Allianz offers various entry-level programs such as the trainee program in sales or the career development and assistant program. Regardless of whether you are studying business administration, economics, law or any other field of study at the University of Leipzig, there are numerous opportunities at the leading international financial services provider. You can find more information on the Allianz career website. We would also be happy to get you in touch with Ms. Müller. Please feel free to send us an e-mail.
As an HR services provider and expert recruiter, Hays employs over 10,000 people in 33 countries worldwide. Hays is constantly on the lookout for new talent, both to strengthen its internal organization and to place with clients. The field of study does not matter; what is important is that applicants are energetic and communicative. On the career website you will find the latest job postings. We will also be happy to put you in direct contact with the Education Partners Management team.
Ms. Krock and Mr. Devrim are our regular speakers in the event program. Due to the high number of applications, Hays specialists in the application process are able to present a new, exciting topic to you every semester at our Career Service. The topics range from robo-recruiting and creative job applications to tips for career changers. The speakers are happy to share their broad knowledge and are also open to your suggestions for topics. If you have any questions or requests, please contact us by e-mail.
There are many ways to search for vacancies and internships. Knowing the right job exchange for your professional field will make it easier to search for jobs in the right place.
Non-profit sector/Development cooperation
From studies to vocational training
If you want to drop out of your studies, vocational training may be a suitable alternative. In this case, too, we would like to offer you advice.
- Before you drop out of your studies: Please check the resources available at the Study Advisory Service. You will receive information on if and under what conditions you can continue or re-enter your studies after dropping out.
- Information about possible paths outside of a degree program can be found at the project Quickstart Sachsen Plus: Stories of dropouts, tools for finding a career and advice centers throughout Saxony are provided. In addition, the "Guide for your future" (only available in German) can help sort out dropout thoughts.
Information on prospects after dropping out of university, such as career field overviews and profiles, is available under Plan B | Quickstart (only available in German).
Provides support with the following topics::
- personal orientation, for example, assessment of own strengths, interests or motivation
- preparation of application materials, in particular, resume and cover letter
- possible contacts to suitable vocational training companies
Please make an appointment for a personal consultation by e-mail.
Employment Agency at the Student Service Centre (SSZ)
The academic advisors of the Employment Agency at the Student Service Center (SSZ) of our university provide weekly advice on the topic of dropping out of university:
- orientation on vocational training jobs
- help with finding suitable job advertisements
- support preparing application materials
- financial support options
- questions about career opportunities after vocational training
You can find the counseling hours and contact information for making an appointment in the overview of the Student Service Center.
Support program "Perfectly matched staffing"
The advisors serve as a link between vocational training seekers and companies. In the past few years, they have successfully assisted university dropouts by providing support on the following topics:
- orientation on vocational training jobs of the respective chamber
- support in the preparation of application documents
- contacts and referrals to potential companies in the city and region of Leipzig